Managing Artistic Director
AMBER BRADSHAW is a director/dramaturg, producer, and playwright with a sole focus in new works and script development. In Atlanta she has worked with Actor’s Express, Synchronicity Theatre, the Alliance Theatre, the Center for Puppetry Arts, Working Title Playwrights, Out of Hand Theatre, Theatre du Reve, Gathering Wild Dance, and the Essential Theatre. For several years she has directed, dramaturged and curated plays for the annual Essential Theatre Bare Essentials Reading Series. Of the plays developed, three have received professional World Premieres in the Southeast (Daryl Lisa Fazio’s, Split in Three at Florida Rep; Theroun D’Arcy Patterson’s, That Uganda Play; and Derek Dixon’s, When Things Are Lost; all three Amber directed and dramaturged for the Essential Theatre). For WTP, she has directed two Ethel Woolson Labs (Medica, by Daryl Lisa Fazio among them), two of the On Demand Reading Series (now called the First Light Series), and is the primary moderator for WTP’s MONDAY NIGHT CRITIQUE SESSIONS (MNCS). Amber has co-produced and written three original works (Circa 50: a multi-media dance event; Learning to Fly: a show with puppets and actors; and Identified: A Queer Variety Show!). She also has had plays featured in the Future is Female Festival; One Minute Play Festival; the Inside Voice Project; at the Center for Puppetry Arts Annual XPT Festival and Les Sages Fous Festival of New Works in Trois Riveres, Canada. In January 2018, she will be directing Bathesheba Doran’s The Mystery of Love and Sex for Out Front Theatre Company. Amber is a proud member of the Dramatists Guild and the Literary Managers and Dramaturgs of the Americas.
Board of Directors
The board of directors sets the strategic direction and provides assistance in the day-to-day operation of WTP.
- Hank Kimmel – President (Henry W. Kimmel, Esq. Mediator. Managing Partner of Turtle Bay House, LLC)
- Greg Carraway – Treasurer (Foundation and Grants Manager, The Atlanta Opera)
- Paul Donnelly – Emeritus (Manager of Conference and Events Services, University of Hawai’i at Mānoa)
- Pam Malone (Eclectic Notions, LLC. Strategic Marketing Consultant)
- Christopher Moses (Associate Artistic Director, the Alliance Theatre)
- Cynthia Stillwell (Casting Director, Cynthia Stillwell Casting)
- Tisha Whitaker (Wholesale Client Service Coordinator, Luvu Brands, inc)
- Amber Bradshaw – Managing Artistic Director, ex officio
The advisory council provides guidance and counsel for the continuing development and realization of the mission and functions of WTP.
- Justin Anderson (Associate Artistic Director, Aurora Theatre)
- Freddie Ashley (Artistic Director, Actor’s Express)
- Margaret Baldwin (Lecturer and Interim General Education Coordinator, Kennesaw State University)
- Gary Cadwallader (Director of Education and Community Engagement, Palm Beach Dramaworks, President, Florida Theatre Conference)
- Celise Kalke (Director of New Projects, Alliance Theatre)
- Elizabeth Carlin Metz (Founding Artistic Director, Vitalist Theatre, Chicago)
- Carlos Murillo (Playwright)
- Jill Patrick (Literary Manager, Out of Box Theatre)
- Roland Tec (Founding Director, Pinkplot Productions)
- Pamela Turner (SE Representative, Dramatists Guild of America)
2017 WTP OVATION AWARD WINNERS
Founded in 2017, the WTP Ovation Award is granted to those who demonstrate exemplary service to Working Title Playwrights. We are proud to honor our first recipients!
Danyale Taylor, WTP Production Stage Manager, is a Technical Director, Production Manager, Master Carpenter, Scenic Designer, Lighting/Sound Designer, Scenic Artist and Stage Manager. She is proud to serve as the the Technical Director, Scenic designer and Theatre Manager for The Paideia School. She has worked with many theaters and dance companies in the Atlanta area including Kenny Leon’s True Colors, Ballethnic Dance Company, the Alliance Theatre, Aurora, Horizon Theatre, Theatre Du Reve, Area Dance, M.J.C.C.A., 7Stages, the Rialto and the Fox Theatre. Also a percussionist, you may recognize her while marching down the street playing drums with the Seed and Feed Marching Abominables or beating on a bucket and pan drumset with a junkyard jug band, Uncle Daddy.
Tisha Whitaker, WTP Bookkeeper and Administrative Coordinator, graduated from Armstrong Atlantic State University in 2008 with a B.A. in Theatre Management. While at AASU she stage managed multiple productions including but not limited to: A… My name is Alice, The Full Monty and Proof. For her senior capstone she produced For Colored Girls who have Considered Suicide/ When the Rainbow is Enuf. After leaving Savannah, she completed a year internship at Olney Theatre Center in Olney, MD. Her role as the Fiscal Production Management intern at OTC was an exceptional opportunity that helped her expand her budgeting, organizational and marketing skills. Tisha looks forward to continuing her education with a Masters in Arts Administration. She is grateful to WTP for being a part of her theater community!
Pictured in banner: Theroun D’Arcy Patterson writes his play for the 2017 WTP 24 Hour Plays. Photo credit: Branden Le Fountain.