Be a part of the process. Sit in on a cold reading and feedback session with the cast, dramaturg and playwright. This is an exciting opportunity for members who have never experienced a table reading with cast and crew. See the magic happen behind the scenes.
Brand New WTP Program
Attendance open to WTP Members and Playwrights’ Guests Only.
Receipt of submission will be electronically acknowledged. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. WTP is committed to conducting up to three Table Series readings per fiscal year (July 1 – June 30).
DEADLINE 2018: March 26th
- Plays must be complete.
- Synopsis and Bio (100 words or less).
- Playwrights must use the Playwright’s Center for a script formatting reference: https://pwcenter.org/playwriting-toolkit/how-format-your-script.
Expectations of the playwright:
- This is a cold reading series. The actors and dramaturg will have the opportunity to review the script in advance, but no rehearsals will be conducted. The play will be read at a table with the dramaturg and playwright.
- Rehearsal time commitment for all artists involved: 5-6 hours.
- Playwrights must still be a member in good standing by the date of the event.
- Playwright agrees to cooperate and consider the input from the entire artistic team — which will include Dramaturg and Actors provided and cast by WTP.
- Playwright will be expected to provide electronic scripts to the the artistic team at least a week in advance.
- Playwright must provide hard copies of the script (single-sided) to the artistic team.
- Playwright understands that this is a closed reading series. Only WTP members and selected guests of the playwright will be invited.
- Playwright must be willing to double cast where suitable. Playwright will be encouraged to provide casting options, but final casting will be the decision of WTP’s artistic team.
What WTP will provide:
- The funding for all artistic personnel — actors and dramaturg. A stage manager may be provided at the option of WTP.
- Space for the table reading to take place.
- A dramaturg to conduct a feedback session and manage the evening.